Mr. Gover is a graduate of Michigan's Alma College and the Dickinson School of Law. Following graduation, he served as a law clerk for the Honorable Warren G. Morgan, former President Judge of the Dauphin County Court of Common Pleas. He then worked as a deputy district attorney from 1987-1989 in Dauphin County, Pennsylvania As a prosecutor, he handled all types of cases from drunk driving to homicide.
Today Mr. Gover's practice is limited to white collar and state criminal defense. He has represented individuals and corporations in grand jury investigations at both the state and federal level. He has handled many federal cases involving health care fraud and defended cases charging mail and bank fraud. He has begun to concentrate at the state level on cases involving the internet and defense of individuals charged with sexual assault.
Mr. Gover and his firm have handled appeals in state and federal courts. He regularly argues on behalf of clients in the Pennsylvania Superior Court and has appeared in the Supreme Court as well. His firm has filed briefs and argued before the Third Circuit Court of Appeals in Philadelphia
His clients have included politicians, government officials and professionals. He has resolved and litigated hundreds of cases to the benefit of his clients.
Mr. Gover has been certified as a criminal trial advocate by the National Board of Trial Advocacy since 1996. He has been named a Pennsylvania Super Lawyer in the field of criminal law since 2004. His memberships include the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers and the Pennsylvania Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers.
Mr. Gover's practice is limited to Central Pennsylvania in both state and federal courts.
- Areas of Practice:
- 20% Federal Criminal Practice
- 20% State and Federal Grand Jury Representation
- 60% State Criminal Defense
- Criminal Trial Advocacy, National Board of Trial Advocacy, 1996
- Criminal Law, Pennsylvania Super Lawyers, 2004
- Death Penalty Certified, Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- Bar Admissions:
- Pennsylvania, 1986
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Pennsylvania, 1998
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Pennsylvania, 1989
- U.S. Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit, 1990
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1990
- The Dickinson School of Law, Carlisle, Pennsylvania,
- Alma College, Alma, Michigan,
Honors: Dean's List
Major: History and Political Science
- Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Pennsylvania Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, 1992 - 2008
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Past Employment Positions:
- Caldwell & Kearns, Attorney, 1989 - 1996
- Dauphin County District Attorney, Deputy District Attorney, 1987 - 1989
- Pro Bono Activities:
- Dauphin County Pro Bono Volunteer, 1996 - 2008